If you were brought up in the church, you’re undoubtedly familiar with Corinthians 3:16. Featuring the famous line about the body being a temple, it’s the verse authority figures always bust out when they’re explaining why God doesn’t want you to do drugs, get tattoos, or sit around eating Cheetos all day. Cliché as the sentiment’s become through overuse, there are certain people so beautiful you can almost believe they’re the vessels of a higher power. Making its world premiere on our front page, solo Booth debut Her Song finds Jerry Parker paying tribute to one such woman. Over his own intricate, headphone-ready production, the Detroit emcee/producer (and frequent Miles Marquee collaborator) gives lyrical expression to the emotions stirred up in him by the girl in question. In addition to contributing rhymes on the back, Booth favorite and fellow Motown repper Scolla exercises his pipes in a soulful, sung chorus. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for further details on Parker’s Never Ending Boulevards tape, which as yet lacks a drop date. In the meantime, Scolla fans can also check out new single The Calling, released earlier this week.
Written by richard on 09/14/12
Submit your Rating
36O Juice Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gods Plan" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.