As mercenary and image-driven as today’s music industry often seems, the fact remains: even the savviest marketing plan is no substitute for a compelling and unique artistic Vision. Oakland, CA native (and first-time featuree) Jern Eye feels like he’s got a clearer view of the game than the rest, and, on the latest leak off his forthcoming sophomore full-length, he and a few likeminded Bay Area neighbors link up to share their perspective with Booth readers. Get Right finds Jern Eye, Mistah F.A.B., and Zion I‘s Zumbi flowing over a brassy soul-sampling instrumental by Seattle beatsmith Jake One. Advising artists to concentrate on honing their skills rather than chasing after every passing bandwagon, Jern showcases a sharply-focused style sure to impress our resident lyrical heads, and his guest collaborators exhibit equally keen insight in their densely-packed middle and closing bars. For more from this up-and-coming hip-hop ophthalmologist, grab a copy of Vision when it hits record stores and online retailers on October 13th.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Park Bench" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.