Didn’t I Tell You that emcee Jermiside and producer Danny Diggs ain’t nothing to play with? Oh, I didn’t? And this is their first Booth feature? Well, consider yourself told. On this new single off the dynamic duo’s forthcoming collaborative album, the Vancouver beatsmith slices and dices a smooth soul sample into a head-nodding old-school instrumental as the Cincinnati-raised, ATL-based rhymesayer mixes braggadocio with vivid lyrical imagery, touting his mic skills while effortlessly cutting the “doubters” and dream drowners” down to size. Topped off with the guest bars of an equally talented underground mainstay, Tanya Morgan member Von Pea, this single should be just the thing to grab the attention of lyrical heads with a taste for the retro. If you like what you’re hearing, you can find Didn’t I Tell You and much more on Jermiside and Danny Diggs’ Middle Classic LP, set to hit stores and online retailers May 25, via HiPNOTT Records.
Written by richard on 04/29/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.