While it’s still a little too chilly (and slushy) for a backyard get-together ‘round my way, such is not the case in Jermiside‘s home city. A resident of sunny ATL (by way of Cincinnati), the Lessondary emcee invites the homies and fires up the grill on new single The Cookout. Of course, the menu’s a little different than your usual summertime fare – instead of hot dogs and hamburgers, it’s sucker emcees getting barbecued. Tanya Morgan member Von Pea tends the flame, keeping the party sizzling with a sweltering mix of boom-bap percussion and chopped samples as Jerm, Donwill (Pea’s crewmate) and Bed Stuy representative Spec Boogie make sure everyone gets served. While all involved turn in certifiably scorching bars, the polysyllabic rhymes and unpredictable flows Boogie exhibits as he annihilates his “Despicable, deplorable, unoriginal, horrible,” rivals make his verse a standout. As always, though, I’ll let Booth readers issue the final verdict. In any case, those hungry for a second helping should keep it locked for release details on Live and Let Live the forthcoming follow-up to the headliner’s Die Jerm Die street album.
Written by richard on 03/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Didn't I Tell You" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.