When an emerging artist is introduced to our pages, he or she often feels like an Enigma. It’s the job of a Booth debut to help us dispel that shroud of mystery and get a little insight into what makes him or her tick. Despite what its title may suggest, the first feature from Jerm 9V is an undeniable success on that front. In addition to getting us acquainted with his style, the Charlotte rapper/producer’s introspective bars tell us everything we need to know about him as an emcee, recapping his history in the game and offering insight into the motivations behind his hustle. New Orleans buzzmaker Shome jumps on Jerm’s own beat, a moody arrangement driven by reversed string samples, to philosophize about his grind in a passionate closing 16. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Enigma isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on this promising newcomer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.