If you’ve ever experienced a tough breakup, you know how terrible it is not to know when you’ll finally get over the one you love. You can tell yourself “its over” as many times as you want, but it won’t actually happen until your body and mind, unconsciously, decide to cross that bridge. Well, Los Angeles based singer/songwriter Jeremy Thurber is one of the fortunate few to have safely made it to the other side. Borrowing a few chords and lines from Beyoncé, Power Of Your Love is an acoustic ballad of joy for Thurber, following the cutting of the proverbial cord that was tethering him to a past girl. And as a result, he’s now able to hit the high notes while telling this girl that he couldn’t care less if she wanted to “f*ck a hole.” Alrighty. His harmonization adds to the new found energy in his vocals, over the simple, yet effective production work of Baby Dee Beats. Power Of Your Love was released as a lead up to the indie artist’s new single, Buzzkill, scheduled for release next week. I hope Jeremy is able to ride this wave out to a safe spot.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.