If you’ve ever experienced a tough breakup, you know how terrible it is not to know when you’ll finally get over the one you love. You can tell yourself “its over” as many times as you want, but it won’t actually happen until your body and mind, unconsciously, decide to cross that bridge. Well, Los Angeles based singer/songwriter Jeremy Thurber is one of the fortunate few to have safely made it to the other side. Borrowing a few chords and lines from Beyoncé, Power Of Your Love is an acoustic ballad of joy for Thurber, following the cutting of the proverbial cord that was tethering him to a past girl. And as a result, he’s now able to hit the high notes while telling this girl that he couldn’t care less if she wanted to “f*ck a hole.” Alrighty. His harmonization adds to the new found energy in his vocals, over the simple, yet effective production work of Baby Dee Beats. Power Of Your Love was released as a lead up to the indie artist’s new single, Buzzkill, scheduled for release next week. I hope Jeremy is able to ride this wave out to a safe spot.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.