Like Stuck with Each Other (also featured today), San Diego singer/songwriter Jeremy Thurber‘s new single addresses the temptation to cut one’s losses and leave when a relationship hits stormy seas. In contrast to Shontelle‘s ironclad commitment, however, the Booth newcomer’s resolve to see things through isn’t quite so strong, and he elects to walk away rather than staying in a relationship that forces him to say, “I Love You But...” Though the message is hard to swallow, the singer’s earnest vocals and The Youngboyz’ mellow keyboard-and-handclap production are sweet enough to make it go down a little easier. I Love You But poses an interesting question: is it better to hang on to the bitter end a la Shontelle, or to say goodbye when your gut says it isn’t going to work out? As always, our readers get the final say.
Listen to More: Jeremy Thurber
Written by richard on 01/21/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.