Like Stuck with Each Other (also featured today), San Diego singer/songwriter Jeremy Thurber‘s new single addresses the temptation to cut one’s losses and leave when a relationship hits stormy seas. In contrast to Shontelle‘s ironclad commitment, however, the Booth newcomer’s resolve to see things through isn’t quite so strong, and he elects to walk away rather than staying in a relationship that forces him to say, “I Love You But...” Though the message is hard to swallow, the singer’s earnest vocals and The Youngboyz’ mellow keyboard-and-handclap production are sweet enough to make it go down a little easier. I Love You But poses an interesting question: is it better to hang on to the bitter end a la Shontelle, or to say goodbye when your gut says it isn’t going to work out? As always, our readers get the final say.
Written by richard on 01/21/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)