When we first met Jeremy Thurber, on ‘09’s I Love You But, the San Diego singer/songwriter was attempting to tactfully break it to his girl that, well, he’s just not that into her anymore. Fast-forward two-and-a-half years, however, and the shoe’s on the other foot; newly-released EP standout B Mine finds the unsigned crooner wracked with sorrow and confusion as the woman he loves prepares to walk out the door and leave their seemingly-perfect relationship behind. Beat Merchant handles production duties, crafting a poignant piano-synth instrumental to back Thurber as he pleads for the female in question to reconsider: “I know in love it’s never fair, but we’ve got everything we need sittin’ right here / I just can’t imagine how you’d throw this away…” While it seems sadly unlikely that Thurber and his girl will be able to bridge the chasm of miscommunication described in this cut, I have a feeling that pop-lovers in the Booth will get his message loud and clear. If you’re on Thurber’s wavelength, you can find more quality tunes where this came from on the artist’s Outlaw EP, available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/20/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)