When we first met Jeremy Thurber, on ‘09’s I Love You But, the San Diego singer/songwriter was attempting to tactfully break it to his girl that, well, he’s just not that into her anymore. Fast-forward two-and-a-half years, however, and the shoe’s on the other foot; newly-released EP standout B Mine finds the unsigned crooner wracked with sorrow and confusion as the woman he loves prepares to walk out the door and leave their seemingly-perfect relationship behind. Beat Merchant handles production duties, crafting a poignant piano-synth instrumental to back Thurber as he pleads for the female in question to reconsider: “I know in love it’s never fair, but we’ve got everything we need sittin’ right here / I just can’t imagine how you’d throw this away…” While it seems sadly unlikely that Thurber and his girl will be able to bridge the chasm of miscommunication described in this cut, I have a feeling that pop-lovers in the Booth will get his message loud and clear. If you’re on Thurber’s wavelength, you can find more quality tunes where this came from on the artist’s Outlaw EP, available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/20/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.