Winslow, Maine singer/songwriter Jeremy Greene has dealt with his fair share of growing pains, from dealing with his mother’s substance abuse to being abandoned by his father. Sometimes, the best way to wash away the pain is with some Rain. Influenced by the R&B and soul grooves of Usher, Brian McKnight, and Montell Jordan, Greene has brought singer Christina Milian, and Baltimore rapper Bossman, both of whom recently signed record deals with the newly-formed MySpace Music label, along for his journey. Producer Wyshmaster contributes some behind the boards cleverness, but how many artists are going to continue to use the “T-Pain Effect”? Comparisons to Justin Timberlake and Timbaland aside, Rain will find love in somebody’s club—if it happens to be yours, be sure to wear a rubber!
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/22/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.