Winslow, Maine singer/songwriter Jeremy Greene has dealt with his fair share of growing pains, from dealing with his mother’s substance abuse to being abandoned by his father. Sometimes, the best way to wash away the pain is with some Rain. Influenced by the R&B and soul grooves of Usher, Brian McKnight, and Montell Jordan, Greene has brought singer Christina Milian, and Baltimore rapper Bossman, both of whom recently signed record deals with the newly-formed MySpace Music label, along for his journey. Producer Wyshmaster contributes some behind the boards cleverness, but how many artists are going to continue to use the “T-Pain Effect”? Comparisons to Justin Timberlake and Timbaland aside, Rain will find love in somebody’s club—if it happens to be yours, be sure to wear a rubber!
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/22/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.