Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice wish granted; today, the Birthday Sex hitmaker ends more than a year’s absence from the Booth (save for the occasional guest feature, he’s been M.O.A. since August 2010’s Down on Me.) with the release of seasonally-themed promo single You’re Mine. Fans of the Windy City crooner’s material to date may be slightly surprised at what they find underneath the wrapping paper. Mick Shultz does a 180 from the atmospheric, minor-key arrangements of Jeremih’s previous hits, instead opting for a bouncy, doo wop-informed groove which, while not particularly wintry-sounding, won’t fail to get toes tapping. The Def Jam/IDJMG crooner comes with bars to match his partner’s candy-cane-sweet instrumental, taking a break from his usual steamy, innuendo-laced style to tempt his girl with an innocent kiss “under the mistletoe.” Departure or no, this flirtatious Yuletide jam is about as catchy as it gets—or do I have it twisted? If you agree, you can cop You’re Mine now on iTunes, in addition to keeping it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest on Jeremih’s third studio album, scheduled to drop sometime in 2012.
Written by richard on 12/18/11
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.