Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice wish granted; today, the Birthday Sex hitmaker ends more than a year’s absence from the Booth (save for the occasional guest feature, he’s been M.O.A. since August 2010’s Down on Me.) with the release of seasonally-themed promo single You’re Mine. Fans of the Windy City crooner’s material to date may be slightly surprised at what they find underneath the wrapping paper. Mick Shultz does a 180 from the atmospheric, minor-key arrangements of Jeremih’s previous hits, instead opting for a bouncy, doo wop-informed groove which, while not particularly wintry-sounding, won’t fail to get toes tapping. The Def Jam/IDJMG crooner comes with bars to match his partner’s candy-cane-sweet instrumental, taking a break from his usual steamy, innuendo-laced style to tempt his girl with an innocent kiss “under the mistletoe.” Departure or no, this flirtatious Yuletide jam is about as catchy as it gets—or do I have it twisted? If you agree, you can cop You’re Mine now on iTunes, in addition to keeping it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest on Jeremih’s third studio album, scheduled to drop sometime in 2012.
Written by richard on 12/18/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.