Back in March of 2013, R&B hitmaker Jeremih and buzzmaking L.A. beatsmith Shlohmo linked up to bring us Bo Peep (Do U Right). Part of the Songs From Scratch series, the record won widespread praise from Booth readers. They must have enjoyed collaborating on that cut every bit as much as we enjoyed listening to it, as they’ve now rejoined forces to craft a full-blown joint EP. Today, we get our first taste of the project in the form of freshly-released lead single and title track No More. Like much of Jeremih’s best work, this joint pairs seductive lyrics and vocals with a slightly ominous instrumental backdrop. Shlohmo’s guttural bassline, staccato synths and creeping percussion accompany the Windy City crooner as he urges a woman to stop stalling and give him all her love. No More (the EP) has yet to receive a drop date. While you wait for further details, why not check out Jeremih’s guest contribution to Ludacris‘s latest single, Party Girls?
Written by richard on 02/16/14
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.