For a rapper there’s no better guest feature conceivable than a verse from Jay-Z, and for a R&B singer you’re just not going to get bigger than some crooning from R. Kelly. In that case, Jeremih’s really arrived; his new mixtape single, Misunderstood, features none other than the Pied Piper. Producers Da Internz put together a softly humming, piano driven ballad for the two crooners to work on and croon they do, paying homage to (of course) a fine female that they’re trying to get just a little bit closer to. For my money Jeremih really held his own next to a legend, what do you think DJBooth Nation? For more smooth music be sure to cop Jeremih’s currently unscheduled Late Nights free album. With a feature this big the project release can’t be too far off…
Written by Nathan S. on 07/3/12
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.