The title of Jeremih‘s latest song release is slightly misleading: whereas the phrase “Love Hangover” sounds like it refers to the negative aftereffects of getting it in (I’m not sure what those would be, besides fatigue and possibly dehydration.), the condition the Windy City crooner’s suffering from on this LP inclusion would be more accurately described as “Love Withdrawal.” In Autotuned verses, Jeremih expresses the anxiety and desperation he feels when he’s separated from his girl: “I’ll never fill the other side of the bed up. / It’s still empty just the way you left it.” Pop & Oak take an unconventional approach behind the boards, illustrating the singer’s weakened state with woozy, microtonal synth slurs. Jeremih’s junior album, Thumpy Johnson, has yet to receive a drop date from the Def Jam brass, but fans can keep their browsers locked for all the latest on the endlessly-delayed set.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.