The title of Jeremih‘s latest song release is slightly misleading: whereas the phrase “Love Hangover” sounds like it refers to the negative aftereffects of getting it in (I’m not sure what those would be, besides fatigue and possibly dehydration.), the condition the Windy City crooner’s suffering from on this LP inclusion would be more accurately described as “Love Withdrawal.” In Autotuned verses, Jeremih expresses the anxiety and desperation he feels when he’s separated from his girl: “I’ll never fill the other side of the bed up. / It’s still empty just the way you left it.” Pop & Oak take an unconventional approach behind the boards, illustrating the singer’s weakened state with woozy, microtonal synth slurs. Jeremih’s junior album, Thumpy Johnson, has yet to receive a drop date from the Def Jam brass, but fans can keep their browsers locked for all the latest on the endlessly-delayed set.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.