The title of Jeremih‘s latest song release is slightly misleading: whereas the phrase “Love Hangover” sounds like it refers to the negative aftereffects of getting it in (I’m not sure what those would be, besides fatigue and possibly dehydration.), the condition the Windy City crooner’s suffering from on this LP inclusion would be more accurately described as “Love Withdrawal.” In Autotuned verses, Jeremih expresses the anxiety and desperation he feels when he’s separated from his girl: “I’ll never fill the other side of the bed up. / It’s still empty just the way you left it.” Pop & Oak take an unconventional approach behind the boards, illustrating the singer’s weakened state with woozy, microtonal synth slurs. Jeremih’s junior album, Thumpy Johnson, has yet to receive a drop date from the Def Jam brass, but fans can keep their browsers locked for all the latest on the endlessly-delayed set.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.