Damn, Jeremih simply refuses to take his foot off the gas. Just a few days after dropping a huge R. Kelly guest feature with the release of Misunderstood, the crooner’s right back at it with new release Keep It Moving. For Moving producer Tha Audio Unit puts together a marble smooth beat centered around a guitar line that I know I’ve heard before; maybe on some classic hip-hop? Any help from DJBooth Nation? Those not similarly driving themselves insane trying to figure out the sample/interpolation will enjoy yet another understated but effective vocal performance from Jeremih, who keeps things appropriately moving yet silky on the mic before adding in rapper Marcus French to give the track a little muscle. We’re still waiting on an official release date for Jeremih’s Late Nights mixtape, but at this rate it can’t be far off. Until then, enjoy….
Written by Nathan S. on 07/6/12
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.