Damn, Jeremih simply refuses to take his foot off the gas. Just a few days after dropping a huge R. Kelly guest feature with the release of Misunderstood, the crooner’s right back at it with new release Keep It Moving. For Moving producer Tha Audio Unit puts together a marble smooth beat centered around a guitar line that I know I’ve heard before; maybe on some classic hip-hop? Any help from DJBooth Nation? Those not similarly driving themselves insane trying to figure out the sample/interpolation will enjoy yet another understated but effective vocal performance from Jeremih, who keeps things appropriately moving yet silky on the mic before adding in rapper Marcus French to give the track a little muscle. We’re still waiting on an official release date for Jeremih’s Late Nights mixtape, but at this rate it can’t be far off. Until then, enjoy….
Written by Nathan S. on 07/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.