Pretty much everyone in the Booth agreed that Jeremih‘s self-titled debut was a solid set, but will the Birthday Sex singer succeed in crafting a follow-up that will ensure his longevity in the game? Today, we have the beginning of an answer. Released to Windy City radio last Friday, lead single iLike has many of the elements that defined Jeremih’s past hits – a hypnotically sparse melody, steamy lyrics, a woozy, minor-key beat by production partner Mick Schultz... – but the overall texture feels fresh and new. The cut’s uniquely catchy vibe is bolstered by a repeated sound effect which I can only describe as “the popping of a cartoon soap bubble,” and, appropriately enough, the ever-freaky Ludacris kicks his guest verse off with a little bathtime imagery: “Let me touch your body, like when you be fresh up out the tub and you rub that lotion…” So, Booth, readers, do you like what Jeremih’s doing here – and, more to the point, will this jam help score the artist’s forthcoming sophomore album, All About You, a release date sooner than later? That, of course, is for Booth readers to debate, and all of us to find out…
Written by richard on 06/6/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.