It all began in late ‘08, when Chicago R&B up-and-comer Jeremih‘s Birthday Sex started getting spins at local station Power 92 (WPWX). Featured on DJBooth that December, the cut went on to achieve massive regional popularity and earn the artist a deal with Def Jam. Currently occupying the #1 spot on our Top Picks Chart, the overwhelmingly successful single has finally received its inevitable official remix. The crowd-pleasing combo of Jeremih’s vocals and Mick Schultz’ beat are retained, but one of the singer’s new labelmates steps in to kick the record up a notch—on the front end, Fabolous asks a female to blow out his candle in an unprecedented sung-rap verse. Now that Birthday Sex has Def Jam‘s backing, expect both the original and this remix to blossom into summer anthems, just in time for the release of Jeremih’s currently-untitled major-label debut.
Written by Burmy on 04/27/09
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.