All artists know that the selection of tracks for a full-length project is a very important and difficult process. For instance, though it is fairly unique and enjoyable, Jeremih isn’t sure if newly-released cut F*ck That Ni**a will make it onto his forthcoming (supremely delayed) album, Thumpy Johnson. (To convince him it belongs, be sure to provide a positive rating below.) Most noticeable is DJ Mustard’s bare-bones yet bubbly beat, which is dusted with subtle chimes and snaps. Though our rating system only goes up to five, Jeremih’s unique, feathery vocals might create a system error. Adding to the quirky yet raunchy vibe of the effort is guest Ty Dollar $ign, who contributes refreshing R&B-rooted vocals. While you await updates on Thumpy Johnson, why not check out Jeremih’s last Booth feature, August’s Love Hangover?
Written by Lucas G. on 09/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.