All artists know that the selection of tracks for a full-length project is a very important and difficult process. For instance, though it is fairly unique and enjoyable, Jeremih isn’t sure if newly-released cut F*ck That Ni**a will make it onto his forthcoming (supremely delayed) album, Thumpy Johnson. (To convince him it belongs, be sure to provide a positive rating below.) Most noticeable is DJ Mustard’s bare-bones yet bubbly beat, which is dusted with subtle chimes and snaps. Though our rating system only goes up to five, Jeremih’s unique, feathery vocals might create a system error. Adding to the quirky yet raunchy vibe of the effort is guest Ty Dollar $ign, who contributes refreshing R&B-rooted vocals. While you await updates on Thumpy Johnson, why not check out Jeremih’s last Booth feature, August’s Love Hangover?
Written by Lucas G. on 09/8/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.