All artists know that the selection of tracks for a full-length project is a very important and difficult process. For instance, though it is fairly unique and enjoyable, Jeremih isn’t sure if newly-released cut F*ck That Ni**a will make it onto his forthcoming (supremely delayed) album, Thumpy Johnson. (To convince him it belongs, be sure to provide a positive rating below.) Most noticeable is DJ Mustard’s bare-bones yet bubbly beat, which is dusted with subtle chimes and snaps. Though our rating system only goes up to five, Jeremih’s unique, feathery vocals might create a system error. Adding to the quirky yet raunchy vibe of the effort is guest Ty Dollar $ign, who contributes refreshing R&B-rooted vocals. While you await updates on Thumpy Johnson, why not check out Jeremih’s last Booth feature, August’s Love Hangover?
Written by Lucas G. on 09/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)