All artists know that the selection of tracks for a full-length project is a very important and difficult process. For instance, though it is fairly unique and enjoyable, Jeremih isn’t sure if newly-released cut F*ck That Ni**a will make it onto his forthcoming (supremely delayed) album, Thumpy Johnson. (To convince him it belongs, be sure to provide a positive rating below.) Most noticeable is DJ Mustard’s bare-bones yet bubbly beat, which is dusted with subtle chimes and snaps. Though our rating system only goes up to five, Jeremih’s unique, feathery vocals might create a system error. Adding to the quirky yet raunchy vibe of the effort is guest Ty Dollar $ign, who contributes refreshing R&B-rooted vocals. While you await updates on Thumpy Johnson, why not check out Jeremih’s last Booth feature, August’s Love Hangover?
Written by Lucas G. on 09/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.