The celebration of a birthday is widely associated with three things: presents, a birthday dinner, and a cake (with candles, of course). Upstart singer/songwriter Jeremih, however, sees things a little differently – the Chicago native is all about giving his special someone a little Birthday Sex. Taking a page out of The-Dream and Tricky Stewart’s musical playbook, Jeremih and his producer Mick Schultz follow a sonic formula that has been a staple at radio since Rihanna’s Umbrella first opened. Thanks to a large buzz in his home city, Birthday Sex has already received spins on Chicago’s Power 92 (WPWX), and has industry tastemakers abuzz. With performances scheduled through the New Year, Jeremih plans to stay busy until his currently-untitled debut drops next spring.
Written by Burmy on 12/7/08
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's My Time ft. Jeremih" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.