The celebration of a birthday is widely associated with three things: presents, a birthday dinner, and a cake (with candles, of course). Upstart singer/songwriter Jeremih, however, sees things a little differently – the Chicago native is all about giving his special someone a little Birthday Sex. Taking a page out of The-Dream and Tricky Stewart’s musical playbook, Jeremih and his producer Mick Schultz follow a sonic formula that has been a staple at radio since Rihanna’s Umbrella first opened. Thanks to a large buzz in his home city, Birthday Sex has already received spins on Chicago’s Power 92 (WPWX), and has industry tastemakers abuzz. With performances scheduled through the New Year, Jeremih plans to stay busy until his currently-untitled debut drops next spring.
Written by Burmy on 12/7/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's My Time ft. Jeremih" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)