The celebration of a birthday is widely associated with three things: presents, a birthday dinner, and a cake (with candles, of course). Upstart singer/songwriter Jeremih, however, sees things a little differently – the Chicago native is all about giving his special someone a little Birthday Sex. Taking a page out of The-Dream and Tricky Stewart’s musical playbook, Jeremih and his producer Mick Schultz follow a sonic formula that has been a staple at radio since Rihanna’s Umbrella first opened. Thanks to a large buzz in his home city, Birthday Sex has already received spins on Chicago’s Power 92 (WPWX), and has industry tastemakers abuzz. With performances scheduled through the New Year, Jeremih plans to stay busy until his currently-untitled debut drops next spring.
Written by Burmy on 12/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's My Time ft. Jeremih" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.