The celebration of a birthday is widely associated with three things: presents, a birthday dinner, and a cake (with candles, of course). Upstart singer/songwriter Jeremih, however, sees things a little differently – the Chicago native is all about giving his special someone a little Birthday Sex. Taking a page out of The-Dream and Tricky Stewart’s musical playbook, Jeremih and his producer Mick Schultz follow a sonic formula that has been a staple at radio since Rihanna’s Umbrella first opened. Thanks to a large buzz in his home city, Birthday Sex has already received spins on Chicago’s Power 92 (WPWX), and has industry tastemakers abuzz. With performances scheduled through the New Year, Jeremih plans to stay busy until his currently-untitled debut drops next spring.
Written by Burmy on 12/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's My Time ft. Jeremih" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.