There are no shortage of people who thought Jeremih would prove to be a one-hit wonder after Birthday Sex, and to all of those people Jeremih can proudly say, “You were wrong.” An ever growing list of feature spots and success with recent releases like Go to the Mo prove the crooner is here to stay, and new release Aah Sh*t shouldn’t hurt either. Producer Sak Pase crafts a subtly hypnotic beat (first heard on Goapele’s Play) built around a slinking bass line and slowly building guitar lines, setting a sonic mood that’s a perfect fit for Jeremih’s understated vocal style. Speaking of which, the Texas singer busts out a half-sung, half-rapped style that doesn’t hesitate to let the world (and the ladies) know just how heavy he’s rolling. And if we’re talking about boating and bragging who better to bring in for a guest verse than Fabolous, who’s his usual punchline self during an entertaining 16: “Hot as Abu Dabi is / and it’s going down like elevators, to where the lobby is.” Don’t look now, but Jeremih’s upcoming and currently unscheduled Late Nights mixtape is really shaping into something serious.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.