There are no shortage of people who thought Jeremih would prove to be a one-hit wonder after Birthday Sex, and to all of those people Jeremih can proudly say, “You were wrong.” An ever growing list of feature spots and success with recent releases like Go to the Mo prove the crooner is here to stay, and new release Aah Sh*t shouldn’t hurt either. Producer Sak Pase crafts a subtly hypnotic beat (first heard on Goapele’s Play) built around a slinking bass line and slowly building guitar lines, setting a sonic mood that’s a perfect fit for Jeremih’s understated vocal style. Speaking of which, the Texas singer busts out a half-sung, half-rapped style that doesn’t hesitate to let the world (and the ladies) know just how heavy he’s rolling. And if we’re talking about boating and bragging who better to bring in for a guest verse than Fabolous, who’s his usual punchline self during an entertaining 16: “Hot as Abu Dabi is / and it’s going down like elevators, to where the lobby is.” Don’t look now, but Jeremih’s upcoming and currently unscheduled Late Nights mixtape is really shaping into something serious.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/13/12
Chicago R&B/Pop hitmaker Jeremih has released of his first ever mixtape, Late Nights, which includes previously-featured selections "Go To The Mo," "Misunderstood" with R. Kelly, "Ahh Sh*t" and "Keep It Moving." Guest...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.