There are no shortage of people who thought Jeremih would prove to be a one-hit wonder after Birthday Sex, and to all of those people Jeremih can proudly say, “You were wrong.” An ever growing list of feature spots and success with recent releases like Go to the Mo prove the crooner is here to stay, and new release Aah Sh*t shouldn’t hurt either. Producer Sak Pase crafts a subtly hypnotic beat (first heard on Goapele’s Play) built around a slinking bass line and slowly building guitar lines, setting a sonic mood that’s a perfect fit for Jeremih’s understated vocal style. Speaking of which, the Texas singer busts out a half-sung, half-rapped style that doesn’t hesitate to let the world (and the ladies) know just how heavy he’s rolling. And if we’re talking about boating and bragging who better to bring in for a guest verse than Fabolous, who’s his usual punchline self during an entertaining 16: “Hot as Abu Dabi is / and it’s going down like elevators, to where the lobby is.” Don’t look now, but Jeremih’s upcoming and currently unscheduled Late Nights mixtape is really shaping into something serious.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.