In a famous scene from Baby Boy, Ving Rhames schools young’ns on the difference between (metaphorical) Guns N Butter: whereas the former gain value over time, the latter provide short-term gratification and nothing more. On his latest single and first Booth feature, Brainfeeder/Warp Records signee Jeremiah Jae chronicles his quest to accumulate the kind of assets that last, while avoiding the myriad occupational hazards of his hustle. Jae’s own beat backs his tightly-wound bars, as well as those of guest spitter Oliver the 2nd, with a claustrophobic guitar/vocal loop. Has this gritty selection whet your appetite for more? You’ll find what you seek on the Chi-town repper’s Bad Jokes mixtape, available online as of July 22.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)