In a famous scene from Baby Boy, Ving Rhames schools young’ns on the difference between (metaphorical) Guns N Butter: whereas the former gain value over time, the latter provide short-term gratification and nothing more. On his latest single and first Booth feature, Brainfeeder/Warp Records signee Jeremiah Jae chronicles his quest to accumulate the kind of assets that last, while avoiding the myriad occupational hazards of his hustle. Jae’s own beat backs his tightly-wound bars, as well as those of guest spitter Oliver the 2nd, with a claustrophobic guitar/vocal loop. Has this gritty selection whet your appetite for more? You’ll find what you seek on the Chi-town repper’s Bad Jokes mixtape, available online as of July 22.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.