In a famous scene from Baby Boy, Ving Rhames schools young’ns on the difference between (metaphorical) Guns N Butter: whereas the former gain value over time, the latter provide short-term gratification and nothing more. On his latest single and first Booth feature, Brainfeeder/Warp Records signee Jeremiah Jae chronicles his quest to accumulate the kind of assets that last, while avoiding the myriad occupational hazards of his hustle. Jae’s own beat backs his tightly-wound bars, as well as those of guest spitter Oliver the 2nd, with a claustrophobic guitar/vocal loop. Has this gritty selection whet your appetite for more? You’ll find what you seek on the Chi-town repper’s Bad Jokes mixtape, available online as of July 22.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.