In a famous scene from Baby Boy, Ving Rhames schools young’ns on the difference between (metaphorical) Guns N Butter: whereas the former gain value over time, the latter provide short-term gratification and nothing more. On his latest single and first Booth feature, Brainfeeder/Warp Records signee Jeremiah Jae chronicles his quest to accumulate the kind of assets that last, while avoiding the myriad occupational hazards of his hustle. Jae’s own beat backs his tightly-wound bars, as well as those of guest spitter Oliver the 2nd, with a claustrophobic guitar/vocal loop. Has this gritty selection whet your appetite for more? You’ll find what you seek on the Chi-town repper’s Bad Jokes mixtape, available online as of July 22.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.