Thus far, each of the records we’ve featured off Jered Sanders‘s forthcoming EP has been strikingly different from the last in sound, style and subject matter. The final pre-release single is the Same Ol’ Thing—which is to say that it, too, isn’t quite like anything that came before. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this cut boasts some of the most provocative bars we’ve heard from the Floridian spitter to date. Backed by DreBrown‘s soulfully understated, brass-laced production, he offers a jaded, yet ultimately hopeful take on race relations in America: “F**k reparations! Then they separate us, then they undereducate us / And then we crack the ceiling when they underestimate us. / But if it happened to white folk, they would’ve paid us.” For Same Ol’ Thing and many more reader-acclaimed jams, check out Jared’s DJBooth-hosted Sorry the Delay EP when it hits our front page next Tuesday, March 25.
Written by richard on 03/18/14
Elementality Productions recording artist Jered Sanders has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the Sorry for the Delay EP. The official prelude to studio debut Gorgeous (dropping in...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stand Up!" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)