As evidenced by the rave reviews that greeted his Sorry for the Delay EP, Jered Sanders has been at the top of his game lately. But, below the surface of his Booth-approved tunes, inner conflict has been bubbling. Real the lead single and title track off the album that will replace scrapped debut set Gorgeous (and a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), marks the Floridian spitter’s decisive break with secular hip-hop in favor of an approach more congruent with his Christian faith. Over some atmospheric synth boardwork by YKS Beats, co-produced by Same Ol’ Thing beatsmith Dre Brown and Sanders himself, the Elementality Productions signee swears off “selfish ambition” and pledges to value “God over everything.” Are you feeling Jered’s new direction? If so, keep your browsers locked for further details on the Real LP, which is currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 07/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stand Up!" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.