Jared Sanders‘s last Booth feature, the Valentine’s Day-themed Black Butterfly, saw him tenderly pouring his heart out to a special girl. Fast-forward just a few short weeks, and that joint’s gentleness has transformed into aggression on Iron Man, making its Booth-exclusive world premiere as the latest single off the Florida spitter’s forthcoming EP. While Tony Starks gets name-dropped on the hook, this record seems to be equally inspired to the vengeful protagonist from Black Sabbath’s song of the same name. As the Jered spits his caked-up, bullet-riddled verses, Flawless Tracks flips a distorted guitar sample which, though it isn’t borrowed from the 1970 metal classic, shares its heavy, menacing feel. Considered in conjunction with previous singles, Iron Man underscores the diverse array of sounds to be found on Booth-hosted EP Sorry for the Delay. Watch for the project to hit our front page for free streaming and download on Tuesday, March 25.
Written by richard on 03/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stand Up!" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.