Even an emcee as patently talented as Jared Sanders sometimes entertains doubts about the path he’s chosen. On Hustle Hard the latest world premiere off his forthcoming EP, the Booth fave admits that lately, he’s been kicking himself about not taking home that diploma: “In my inner soul, frigid and cold, can I be honest? / These days, I wonder why I didn’t finish college… these days I wonder why I ain’t been acknowledged.” Far from defeated, however, he reaffirms that his life goals are inextricably linked to his musical grind: “A nine-to-fiver ain’t the only thing I’m tryin’ to be / I got a Grammy that I’m tryin’ to see.” Flawless Tracks mans the boards, trading the distorted guitars of last week’s Iron Man for something more mellow and contemplative. For this introspective jam and much more, check out Sanders’s Sorry for the Delay EP when it drops March 25 via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stand Up!" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.