Even an emcee as patently talented as Jared Sanders sometimes entertains doubts about the path he’s chosen. On Hustle Hard the latest world premiere off his forthcoming EP, the Booth fave admits that lately, he’s been kicking himself about not taking home that diploma: “In my inner soul, frigid and cold, can I be honest? / These days, I wonder why I didn’t finish college… these days I wonder why I ain’t been acknowledged.” Far from defeated, however, he reaffirms that his life goals are inextricably linked to his musical grind: “A nine-to-fiver ain’t the only thing I’m tryin’ to be / I got a Grammy that I’m tryin’ to see.” Flawless Tracks mans the boards, trading the distorted guitars of last week’s Iron Man for something more mellow and contemplative. For this introspective jam and much more, check out Sanders’s Sorry for the Delay EP when it drops March 25 via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stand Up!" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.