Even an emcee as patently talented as Jared Sanders sometimes entertains doubts about the path he’s chosen. On Hustle Hard the latest world premiere off his forthcoming EP, the Booth fave admits that lately, he’s been kicking himself about not taking home that diploma: “In my inner soul, frigid and cold, can I be honest? / These days, I wonder why I didn’t finish college… these days I wonder why I ain’t been acknowledged.” Far from defeated, however, he reaffirms that his life goals are inextricably linked to his musical grind: “A nine-to-fiver ain’t the only thing I’m tryin’ to be / I got a Grammy that I’m tryin’ to see.” Flawless Tracks mans the boards, trading the distorted guitars of last week’s Iron Man for something more mellow and contemplative. For this introspective jam and much more, check out Sanders’s Sorry for the Delay EP when it drops March 25 via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stand Up!" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.