Back in May, Jered Sanders made his solo Booth debut with Closed Captioned, an LP single that won a spectacular 4.7-star average rating from our readers. Topping that is a tall order, but the Elementality signee makes a heroic effort on follow-up Gorgeous, the title track off his forthcoming album. In sharp contrast to its predecessor, which was hip-hop through and through, this joint places equal emphasis on the artist’s skills as a singer. After delivering a soulful opening verse over Talen Ted‘s lushly-sampled production, Sanders gets down to rhyming, cutting his competition down to size in a 16 packed with well-turned trash-talk (“While they all on the path to irrelevance / I play the zookeeper in a room full of elephants.”). Feeling it? Then mark your calendars for the August 20, release of Jered Sanders’ forthcoming full-length, also titled Gorgeous.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stand Up!" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.