Back in May, Jered Sanders made his solo Booth debut with Closed Captioned, an LP single that won a spectacular 4.7-star average rating from our readers. Topping that is a tall order, but the Elementality signee makes a heroic effort on follow-up Gorgeous, the title track off his forthcoming album. In sharp contrast to its predecessor, which was hip-hop through and through, this joint places equal emphasis on the artist’s skills as a singer. After delivering a soulful opening verse over Talen Ted‘s lushly-sampled production, Sanders gets down to rhyming, cutting his competition down to size in a 16 packed with well-turned trash-talk (“While they all on the path to irrelevance / I play the zookeeper in a room full of elephants.”). Feeling it? Then mark your calendars for the August 20, release of Jered Sanders’ forthcoming full-length, also titled Gorgeous.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stand Up!" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.