Jenny Bapst first (and to date only) Booth feature, December 2010’s Greater Love, saw her expressing her gratitude to a guy who had held her down through thick and thin. A year and change later, however, the relationship seems to have taken a sour turn. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, new EP stand out Wrong But Right finds the Parisian-born, NYC-based singer and model sneaking away from her steady man to enjoy a night out with her girls. Predictably, a fella at the spot takes an interest and, though the singer knows full well that it’s not kosher, she finds herself responding to his advances. In addition to providing the record’s bouncy, reggae-informed instrumental backdrop, Mind Control crooner Hal Linton lends a hand on the vocal tip, encouraging the headliner to “forget [her] man tonight” and go home with him. The collaborators’ flirtatious chemistry, along with the sunny island vibe, makes for a record that pop-lovers in the Booth are sure to appreciate. Or have I got it twisted? If you like what you’re hearing, more silky smooth bangers await on digital-only EP Just 4 Play. Watch for the project to hit iTunes tomorrow, Feb. 14—just in time to set the mood for your Valentine’s Day festivities.
Written by richard on 02/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Greater Love" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.