Considering the city’s reputation as the most romantic place on Earth, Paris should by all rights breed phenomenal R&B singers, non? Mais oui! In support of my hypothesis, I proudly present Greater Love, the latest single and first Booth feature from Parisian-born, NYC-based singer/model Jenny Bapst. Here, beatsmith Indigo Child sets a mellow mood with guitar arpeggios and understated synths as Bapst showcases her luxurious vocal stylings. Exhibiting a breathy, yet powerful delivery, the singer pays tribute to the man whose love keeps her from faltering when times are tough, and expresses her hope that he’ll stay by her side till the end of time. All in all, it’s one of the smoothest joints to hit the Booth since, um, when did we last hear from Sade? It’s been a minute, anyway. Craving more luxurious tunes from this globetrotting up-and-comer? Your wish shall be granted in February of next year, when Jenny Bapst’s new, self-titled EP is scheduled to hit online retailers and record stores everywhere.
Written by richard on 11/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wrong But Right" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.