Don’t be fooled by the upbeat sound of Jennifer Lopez‘s new Danja-produced single Starting Over - as the title suggests, the subject of the song centers around the dissolution of her marriage to fellow entertainer Marc Anthony. In a similar tone to Mariah Carey’s Breakdown, Lopez delivers a heartfelt account of the range of emotions that undoubtedly accompany a failed relationship. Breaking up with someone you love is never an easy thing to do, and Starting Over is sure to strike a chord with anyone who thought they had The One, only to lose it all. Subject matter aside, its pulsing drums, rhythmic claps and driving synths are sure to make you want to move - I foresee this being the subject of many club DJ remixes and becoming a late official “Summer 2011” jam that will make you reminisce about good times, even if it IS about some pretty bad times for J Lo.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 07/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.