Don’t be fooled by the upbeat sound of Jennifer Lopez‘s new Danja-produced single Starting Over - as the title suggests, the subject of the song centers around the dissolution of her marriage to fellow entertainer Marc Anthony. In a similar tone to Mariah Carey’s Breakdown, Lopez delivers a heartfelt account of the range of emotions that undoubtedly accompany a failed relationship. Breaking up with someone you love is never an easy thing to do, and Starting Over is sure to strike a chord with anyone who thought they had The One, only to lose it all. Subject matter aside, its pulsing drums, rhythmic claps and driving synths are sure to make you want to move - I foresee this being the subject of many club DJ remixes and becoming a late official “Summer 2011” jam that will make you reminisce about good times, even if it IS about some pretty bad times for J Lo.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 07/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.