Don’t be fooled by the upbeat sound of Jennifer Lopez‘s new Danja-produced single Starting Over - as the title suggests, the subject of the song centers around the dissolution of her marriage to fellow entertainer Marc Anthony. In a similar tone to Mariah Carey’s Breakdown, Lopez delivers a heartfelt account of the range of emotions that undoubtedly accompany a failed relationship. Breaking up with someone you love is never an easy thing to do, and Starting Over is sure to strike a chord with anyone who thought they had The One, only to lose it all. Subject matter aside, its pulsing drums, rhythmic claps and driving synths are sure to make you want to move - I foresee this being the subject of many club DJ remixes and becoming a late official “Summer 2011” jam that will make you reminisce about good times, even if it IS about some pretty bad times for J Lo.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 07/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.