After more than a quarter-century in the game, Jennifer Lopez is still the Same Girl she was when she laid down her first vocal track. On the follow-up to January promo cut Girls, the veteran pop songstress returns to the themes of 2002 smash-hit Jenny From the Block, assuring listeners that she hasn’t let her many successes change her in the slightest. Charles “Chizzy” Stephens II and Amadeus join forces behind the boards, backing J. Lo’s self-assured vocal performance with triumphant brass, vocal samples and trap-tinged hi-hat rolls. Steve Gomillion and Dennis Leupold direct the official visuals, which depict the artist returning to Castle Hill, the Bronx hood where she came up. Penned by R&B hitmaker Chris Brown, this record isn’t attached to any larger forthcoming project. Fans can, however, catch Lopez judging the current season of American Idol.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.