After more than a quarter-century in the game, Jennifer Lopez is still the Same Girl she was when she laid down her first vocal track. On the follow-up to January promo cut Girls, the veteran pop songstress returns to the themes of 2002 smash-hit Jenny From the Block, assuring listeners that she hasn’t let her many successes change her in the slightest. Charles “Chizzy” Stephens II and Amadeus join forces behind the boards, backing J. Lo’s self-assured vocal performance with triumphant brass, vocal samples and trap-tinged hi-hat rolls. Steve Gomillion and Dennis Leupold direct the official visuals, which depict the artist returning to Castle Hill, the Bronx hood where she came up. Penned by R&B hitmaker Chris Brown, this record isn’t attached to any larger forthcoming project. Fans can, however, catch Lopez judging the current season of American Idol.
Written by richard on 02/4/14
Three years after the release of her seventh studio album, LOVE?, Jennifer Lopez makes her return to the music game with the A.K.A. LP. Booth approved singles "First Love," "I Luh Ya Papi," and "Same Girl" (both featuring...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.