Previously heard collaborating on 2011’s On the Floor and ‘12’s Dance Again, pop heavyweight Jennifer Lopez and Latin-rap hitmaker Pitbull once again combine their powers on Live It Up, the former artist’s latest promo single. Those familiar with the aforementioned jams know pretty much exactly what to expect here: an adrenaline-pumping, neon-streaked club banger exhorting listeners to let go of their inhibitions and party the night away. While Pit delivers a brisk opening verse over RedOne‘s dancefloor-scorching production, his key contribution to the record is the insidiously catchy tagline, “Make love, don’t fight. (kiss, kiss, popping cork) / Let’s f**k tonight.” Though this record isn’t attached to any larger J-Lo project, listeners craving more club-ready grooves would do well to check out her collaborator’s current hit single, Feel the Moment.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Jennifer Lopez’ Jessy Terrero-directed Live It Up visual.
Written by richard on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.