In 2003 Jennifer Lopez was unarguably one of the biggest stars on the planet, regularly cranking out top ten hits and sold out shows, while Lil Wayne was mostly known for coining “drop it like it’s hot” on Back That Azz Up. My how times have changed. Fast forward to 2011 and J-Lo’s hoping to grab some of Weezy’s star power to revive her own music career on new single I’m Into You. Produced by Red One, I’m Into You follows the pop blueprint closely, layering sparkling synths over sharply bouncing, island tinged percussion and a dance floor friendly bass line. Vocally, Wayne’s in mainstream mode, steering clear of any punchlines or complex flows (though he still manages to work in a defecation reference), a simple approach matched by J Lo’s mid-tempo crooning. Hey, pop’s not about breaking the rules, it’s about following them. Will I’m Into You be the catalyst that turns Jenny from the block’s upcoming album, Love?, a hit when it drops on May 3, and transforms her into a superstar once again? We’ll see….
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.