In 2003 Jennifer Lopez was unarguably one of the biggest stars on the planet, regularly cranking out top ten hits and sold out shows, while Lil Wayne was mostly known for coining “drop it like it’s hot” on Back That Azz Up. My how times have changed. Fast forward to 2011 and J-Lo’s hoping to grab some of Weezy’s star power to revive her own music career on new single I’m Into You. Produced by Red One, I’m Into You follows the pop blueprint closely, layering sparkling synths over sharply bouncing, island tinged percussion and a dance floor friendly bass line. Vocally, Wayne’s in mainstream mode, steering clear of any punchlines or complex flows (though he still manages to work in a defecation reference), a simple approach matched by J Lo’s mid-tempo crooning. Hey, pop’s not about breaking the rules, it’s about following them. Will I’m Into You be the catalyst that turns Jenny from the block’s upcoming album, Love?, a hit when it drops on May 3, and transforms her into a superstar once again? We’ll see….
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.