In 2003 Jennifer Lopez was unarguably one of the biggest stars on the planet, regularly cranking out top ten hits and sold out shows, while Lil Wayne was mostly known for coining “drop it like it’s hot” on Back That Azz Up. My how times have changed. Fast forward to 2011 and J-Lo’s hoping to grab some of Weezy’s star power to revive her own music career on new single I’m Into You. Produced by Red One, I’m Into You follows the pop blueprint closely, layering sparkling synths over sharply bouncing, island tinged percussion and a dance floor friendly bass line. Vocally, Wayne’s in mainstream mode, steering clear of any punchlines or complex flows (though he still manages to work in a defecation reference), a simple approach matched by J Lo’s mid-tempo crooning. Hey, pop’s not about breaking the rules, it’s about following them. Will I’m Into You be the catalyst that turns Jenny from the block’s upcoming album, Love?, a hit when it drops on May 3, and transforms her into a superstar once again? We’ll see….
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.