In 2003 Jennifer Lopez was unarguably one of the biggest stars on the planet, regularly cranking out top ten hits and sold out shows, while Lil Wayne was mostly known for coining “drop it like it’s hot” on Back That Azz Up. My how times have changed. Fast forward to 2011 and J-Lo’s hoping to grab some of Weezy’s star power to revive her own music career on new single I’m Into You. Produced by Red One, I’m Into You follows the pop blueprint closely, layering sparkling synths over sharply bouncing, island tinged percussion and a dance floor friendly bass line. Vocally, Wayne’s in mainstream mode, steering clear of any punchlines or complex flows (though he still manages to work in a defecation reference), a simple approach matched by J Lo’s mid-tempo crooning. Hey, pop’s not about breaking the rules, it’s about following them. Will I’m Into You be the catalyst that turns Jenny from the block’s upcoming album, Love?, a hit when it drops on May 3, and transforms her into a superstar once again? We’ll see….
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.