In 2003 Jennifer Lopez was unarguably one of the biggest stars on the planet, regularly cranking out top ten hits and sold out shows, while Lil Wayne was mostly known for coining “drop it like it’s hot” on Back That Azz Up. My how times have changed. Fast forward to 2011 and J-Lo’s hoping to grab some of Weezy’s star power to revive her own music career on new single I’m Into You. Produced by Red One, I’m Into You follows the pop blueprint closely, layering sparkling synths over sharply bouncing, island tinged percussion and a dance floor friendly bass line. Vocally, Wayne’s in mainstream mode, steering clear of any punchlines or complex flows (though he still manages to work in a defecation reference), a simple approach matched by J Lo’s mid-tempo crooning. Hey, pop’s not about breaking the rules, it’s about following them. Will I’m Into You be the catalyst that turns Jenny from the block’s upcoming album, Love?, a hit when it drops on May 3, and transforms her into a superstar once again? We’ll see….
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.