When not busy judging the current season of American Idol, Jennifer Lopez has been keeping her musical fanbase satisfied by liberating the occasional promo single. January’s Girls and February’s Same Girl, however, failed to spark much excitement among Booth readers. Hoping that the third time will be the charm, the pop songstress bounces back with I Luh Ya PaPi, a bubbly selection distinguished from its predecessors by its romantic theme. Detail mans the boards on this joint, backing the singer’s effervescent verses with rubbery synth arpeggios and some unique hammer-striking-anvil percussion. French Montana continues his recent guest verse streak (see also K Camp‘s Money Baby (Remix) and Rick Ross‘s Nobody), contributing some ad-libs and a brisk 16 on the back. Has Lopez struck gold with her latest effort? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked for the latest.
Update: We have added the Jessy Terrero-directed visuals for Jennifer Lopez’ I Luh Ya Papi single.
Written by richard on 03/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.