It’s as true today as when Cyndi Lauper first said it: “Girls just wanna have fun.” On a new promo single, pop heavyweight (and current American Idol judge) Jennifer Lopez transplants the catchphrase from the 1983 classic into a contemporary context, with a little help from the go-to producer of the moment, DJ Mustard. Over the Bay Area superproducer’s throbbing, “ey!”-accented percussion rhythm and interlocking synth parts, J-Lo urges ladies in the house to step out onto the floor and “show them what you’re workin’ with.” This stripped-down club banger isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can, of course, keep their browsers locked for more fresh tunes from the veteran songstress.
Written by richard on 01/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.