It’s as true today as when Cyndi Lauper first said it: “Girls just wanna have fun.” On a new promo single, pop heavyweight (and current American Idol judge) Jennifer Lopez transplants the catchphrase from the 1983 classic into a contemporary context, with a little help from the go-to producer of the moment, DJ Mustard. Over the Bay Area superproducer’s throbbing, “ey!”-accented percussion rhythm and interlocking synth parts, J-Lo urges ladies in the house to step out onto the floor and “show them what you’re workin’ with.” This stripped-down club banger isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can, of course, keep their browsers locked for more fresh tunes from the veteran songstress.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!