It’s as true today as when Cyndi Lauper first said it: “Girls just wanna have fun.” On a new promo single, pop heavyweight (and current American Idol judge) Jennifer Lopez transplants the catchphrase from the 1983 classic into a contemporary context, with a little help from the go-to producer of the moment, DJ Mustard. Over the Bay Area superproducer’s throbbing, “ey!”-accented percussion rhythm and interlocking synth parts, J-Lo urges ladies in the house to step out onto the floor and “show them what you’re workin’ with.” This stripped-down club banger isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can, of course, keep their browsers locked for more fresh tunes from the veteran songstress.
Written by richard on 01/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)