It’s as true today as when Cyndi Lauper first said it: “Girls just wanna have fun.” On a new promo single, pop heavyweight (and current American Idol judge) Jennifer Lopez transplants the catchphrase from the 1983 classic into a contemporary context, with a little help from the go-to producer of the moment, DJ Mustard. Over the Bay Area superproducer’s throbbing, “ey!”-accented percussion rhythm and interlocking synth parts, J-Lo urges ladies in the house to step out onto the floor and “show them what you’re workin’ with.” This stripped-down club banger isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can, of course, keep their browsers locked for more fresh tunes from the veteran songstress.
Written by richard on 01/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.