Featured back in November of 2009, the lead single off Jennifer Lopez’ seventh LP was a bit of a misstep (hey, it’s tough to keep your balance while rocking Louboutins), and 2010 came and went with no album in sight. Knowing that there’s no better way to nip delay-itis in the bud than by getting bodies On the Floor, Lola’s stepped out from behind the American Idol judges’ table to give it another shot – and this time she’s traded her heels for something a little more dancefloor-appropriate. Over Red One‘s driving beat and exotic synth riffs (sampled from French pop group Kaoma’s Lambada), the singer calls on partiers across the globe to groove the night away. And who better to assist J. Lo in her quest to get culos shakin’ than the man who brought us Culo? Pitbull tops the track off with some of the most energizing, infectiously goofy guest rhymes I’ve heard in a minute (“Pump-pum-pum-pump-pum-pum-pump it up, and back it up like a Tonka truck!”) Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for the latest on Love?, coming this summer via Island Records.
Written by richard on 01/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.