When you lose something, it always seems to be in the last place you look. Similarly, you only find The One after sifting through a seemingly endless series of duds. On the latest single off her eighth LP, Jennifer Lopez laments that she didn’t run into her current man earlier in life, and bypass all the heartbreaks that have brought her to this point: “I wish you were my First Love / ‘Cause if you were first there would have been no second, third or fourth love.” Max Martin produces the joint’s bubbly synth backdrop, and Anthony Mandler directs the accompanying visuals. For First Love, previous single I Luh Ya Papi and more, cop A.K.A. when it drops June 17, via 2101/Capitol.
Written by richard on 05/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.