When you lose something, it always seems to be in the last place you look. Similarly, you only find The One after sifting through a seemingly endless series of duds. On the latest single off her eighth LP, Jennifer Lopez laments that she didn’t run into her current man earlier in life, and bypass all the heartbreaks that have brought her to this point: “I wish you were my First Love / ‘Cause if you were first there would have been no second, third or fourth love.” Max Martin produces the joint’s bubbly synth backdrop, and Anthony Mandler directs the accompanying visuals. For First Love, previous single I Luh Ya Papi and more, cop A.K.A. when it drops June 17, via 2101/Capitol.
Written by richard on 05/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)