When you lose something, it always seems to be in the last place you look. Similarly, you only find The One after sifting through a seemingly endless series of duds. On the latest single off her eighth LP, Jennifer Lopez laments that she didn’t run into her current man earlier in life, and bypass all the heartbreaks that have brought her to this point: “I wish you were my First Love / ‘Cause if you were first there would have been no second, third or fourth love.” Max Martin produces the joint’s bubbly synth backdrop, and Anthony Mandler directs the accompanying visuals. For First Love, previous single I Luh Ya Papi and more, cop A.K.A. when it drops June 17, via 2101/Capitol.
Written by richard on 05/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Well" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)