Jennifer Hudson’s life has been a study of tragedy and triumph. From being kicked off American Idol, to earning an Oscar for her first film role. From her shocking family tragedy to moving forward, falling in love and having the cutest kid ever. Of course, if you’ve been watching TV lately, you can’t help but notice the weight loss representative is healthier and happier than ever. It seems Hudson refuses to let her setbacks define her life, as an artist or as a woman. With her new single, Where You At, the pride of Chicago proves that her voice remains as passionate as ever, as she soars over an R. Kelly written and produced ballad. The beat is classic Kelly , a steadily marching drum pattern with light piano work. As the instrumental builds, so does Hudson’s voice, making the song a perfect marriage of powerful vocal prowess and triumphant musical crescendo. It’s a beautiful way to welcome Ms. Hudson back to the fans who have been wondering where she’s been at, a question that will truly be answered when her new album, I Remember Me, is released on March 22.
Listen to More: Jennifer Hudson
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 01/26/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Special ft. Papoose" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.