Jennifer Hudson’s life has been a study of tragedy and triumph. From being kicked off American Idol, to earning an Oscar for her first film role. From her shocking family tragedy to moving forward, falling in love and having the cutest kid ever. Of course, if you’ve been watching TV lately, you can’t help but notice the weight loss representative is healthier and happier than ever. It seems Hudson refuses to let her setbacks define her life, as an artist or as a woman. With her new single, Where You At, the pride of Chicago proves that her voice remains as passionate as ever, as she soars over an R. Kelly written and produced ballad. The beat is classic Kelly , a steadily marching drum pattern with light piano work. As the instrumental builds, so does Hudson’s voice, making the song a perfect marriage of powerful vocal prowess and triumphant musical crescendo. It’s a beautiful way to welcome Ms. Hudson back to the fans who have been wondering where she’s been at, a question that will truly be answered when her new album, I Remember Me, is released on March 22.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 01/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Special ft. Papoose" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.