In late January, we featured Jennifer Hudson‘s current single, Where You At, on our homepage. Roughly eight weeks later, the song is charting in the Top 20 across multiple radio formats and has spawned a fresh new remix that could extend its popularity even further. In an era when the shelf-life of a record has dwindled down to weeks and not months, every last drop of buzz goes a long, long way. Produced by Grammy-nominated boardsmith Dave Audé, whose previous credits include both Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, the remixed Where You At takes Hudson’s high notes straight to the club, leaving behind the power ballad sound that fellow Chicagoan R. Kelly crafted for the original version. I Remember Me, the deeply personal and poetic musical voyage that is Hudson’s sophomore album, will be released by J Records this Tuesday, March 22.
Written by DJ Z on 03/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Special ft. Papoose" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.