In late January, we featured Jennifer Hudson‘s current single, Where You At, on our homepage. Roughly eight weeks later, the song is charting in the Top 20 across multiple radio formats and has spawned a fresh new remix that could extend its popularity even further. In an era when the shelf-life of a record has dwindled down to weeks and not months, every last drop of buzz goes a long, long way. Produced by Grammy-nominated boardsmith Dave Audé, whose previous credits include both Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, the remixed Where You At takes Hudson’s high notes straight to the club, leaving behind the power ballad sound that fellow Chicagoan R. Kelly crafted for the original version. I Remember Me, the deeply personal and poetic musical voyage that is Hudson’s sophomore album, will be released by J Records this Tuesday, March 22.
Written by DJ Z on 03/20/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Special ft. Papoose" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.