In late January, we featured Jennifer Hudson‘s current single, Where You At, on our homepage. Roughly eight weeks later, the song is charting in the Top 20 across multiple radio formats and has spawned a fresh new remix that could extend its popularity even further. In an era when the shelf-life of a record has dwindled down to weeks and not months, every last drop of buzz goes a long, long way. Produced by Grammy-nominated boardsmith Dave Audé, whose previous credits include both Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, the remixed Where You At takes Hudson’s high notes straight to the club, leaving behind the power ballad sound that fellow Chicagoan R. Kelly crafted for the original version. I Remember Me, the deeply personal and poetic musical voyage that is Hudson’s sophomore album, will be released by J Records this Tuesday, March 22.
Written by DJ Z on 03/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Special ft. Papoose" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.