In late January, we featured Jennifer Hudson‘s current single, Where You At, on our homepage. Roughly eight weeks later, the song is charting in the Top 20 across multiple radio formats and has spawned a fresh new remix that could extend its popularity even further. In an era when the shelf-life of a record has dwindled down to weeks and not months, every last drop of buzz goes a long, long way. Produced by Grammy-nominated boardsmith Dave Audé, whose previous credits include both Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, the remixed Where You At takes Hudson’s high notes straight to the club, leaving behind the power ballad sound that fellow Chicagoan R. Kelly crafted for the original version. I Remember Me, the deeply personal and poetic musical voyage that is Hudson’s sophomore album, will be released by J Records this Tuesday, March 22.
Written by DJ Z on 03/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Special ft. Papoose" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.