In late January, we featured Jennifer Hudson‘s current single, Where You At, on our homepage. Roughly eight weeks later, the song is charting in the Top 20 across multiple radio formats and has spawned a fresh new remix that could extend its popularity even further. In an era when the shelf-life of a record has dwindled down to weeks and not months, every last drop of buzz goes a long, long way. Produced by Grammy-nominated boardsmith Dave Audé, whose previous credits include both Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, the remixed Where You At takes Hudson’s high notes straight to the club, leaving behind the power ballad sound that fellow Chicagoan R. Kelly crafted for the original version. I Remember Me, the deeply personal and poetic musical voyage that is Hudson’s sophomore album, will be released by J Records this Tuesday, March 22.
Written by DJ Z on 03/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Special ft. Papoose" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.