Jennifer Hudson’s life has been a study of tragedy and triumph. From being kicked off American Idol, to earning an Oscar for her first film role. From her shocking family tragedy to moving forward, falling in love and having the cutest kid ever. Of course, if you’ve been watching TV lately, you can’t help but notice the weight loss representative is healthier and happier than ever. It seems Hudson refuses to let her setbacks define her life, as an artist or as a woman. With her new single, Where You At, the pride of Chicago proves that her voice remains as passionate as ever, as she soars over an R. Kelly written and produced ballad. The beat is classic Kelly , a steadily marching drum pattern with light piano work. As the instrumental builds, so does Hudson’s voice, making the song a perfect marriage of powerful vocal prowess and triumphant musical crescendo. It’s a beautiful way to welcome Ms. Hudson back to the fans who have been wondering where she’s been at, a question that will truly be answered when her new album, I Remember Me, is released on March 22.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 01/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Special ft. Papoose" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.