From being an American Idol runner-up to winning an Oscar for her role in Dreamgirls, it seems singer/actress Jennifer Hudson has done everything except release an album. On September 30, that last part will change with her reworked self-titled debut on Arista Records; fueled by the successful lead single Spotlight; J-Hud and her label team have decided to continue promotion by giving it the remix treatment. As the Chicago songbird continues to voice her displeasure with her overprotective boyfriend, the Miami boss Rick Ross sounds like the opposite of the man in the topic in his two verses. Nonetheless, this remix should extend the original version‘s appeal, getting fans even more hyped for Hudson’s self-titled album in the process.
Written by Burmy on 08/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Special ft. Papoose" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.