From being an American Idol runner-up to winning an Oscar for her role in Dreamgirls, it seems singer/actress Jennifer Hudson has done everything except release an album. On September 30, that last part will change with her reworked self-titled debut on Arista Records; fueled by the successful lead single Spotlight; J-Hud and her label team have decided to continue promotion by giving it the remix treatment. As the Chicago songbird continues to voice her displeasure with her overprotective boyfriend, the Miami boss Rick Ross sounds like the opposite of the man in the topic in his two verses. Nonetheless, this remix should extend the original version‘s appeal, getting fans even more hyped for Hudson’s self-titled album in the process.
Written by Burmy on 08/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Special ft. Papoose" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.