Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning actress, American Idol finalist and the third Black woman ever to appear on the cover of Vogue magazine, Jennifer Hudson, born and raised in Chicago, has that rare combination of true talent, beauty and grace that makes her new single Special stand out in this world of studio divas. This song is just like its subject matter: strong, restrained, topical and uplifting. With a cameo by Papoose, Special is a melodic refutation of Don Imus’s radio slur. It’s an affirmation of our uniqueness and heals the way other songs inflame.
Written by jackson on 06/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.