Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning actress, American Idol finalist and the third Black woman ever to appear on the cover of Vogue magazine, Jennifer Hudson, born and raised in Chicago, has that rare combination of true talent, beauty and grace that makes her new single Special stand out in this world of studio divas. This song is just like its subject matter: strong, restrained, topical and uplifting. With a cameo by Papoose, Special is a melodic refutation of Don Imus’s radio slur. It’s an affirmation of our uniqueness and heals the way other songs inflame.
Written by jackson on 06/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.