Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning actress, American Idol finalist and the third Black woman ever to appear on the cover of Vogue magazine, Jennifer Hudson, born and raised in Chicago, has that rare combination of true talent, beauty and grace that makes her new single Special stand out in this world of studio divas. This song is just like its subject matter: strong, restrained, topical and uplifting. With a cameo by Papoose, Special is a melodic refutation of Don Imus’s radio slur. It’s an affirmation of our uniqueness and heals the way other songs inflame.
Written by jackson on 06/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.