Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning actress, American Idol finalist and the third Black woman ever to appear on the cover of Vogue magazine, Jennifer Hudson, born and raised in Chicago, has that rare combination of true talent, beauty and grace that makes her new single Special stand out in this world of studio divas. This song is just like its subject matter: strong, restrained, topical and uplifting. With a cameo by Papoose, Special is a melodic refutation of Don Imus’s radio slur. It’s an affirmation of our uniqueness and heals the way other songs inflame.
Written by jackson on 06/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.