Since equality is a goal here at DJBooth, we try to feature music that deals with real-life issues (instead of only what you see on TV). While the topic of breaking up is popular in R&B, with artists such as Jazmine Sullivan recently lamenting lost loves, the flipside is North Carolina’s Jennifer E. Kemp, who’s willing to get over any relationship gone sour because there are A Million Fish in the sea. Offering his male counterpoint to Kemp’s alto vocals is fellow NC representative (and former DTP signee), Perfect Harmany. Whichever point of view you take, however, there’s no denying that A Million Fish acts as a strong empowerment anthem that could easily catch on with a female audience.
Written by Burmy on 06/10/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.