Since equality is a goal here at DJBooth, we try to feature music that deals with real-life issues (instead of only what you see on TV). While the topic of breaking up is popular in R&B, with artists such as Jazmine Sullivan recently lamenting lost loves, the flipside is North Carolina’s Jennifer E. Kemp, who’s willing to get over any relationship gone sour because there are A Million Fish in the sea. Offering his male counterpoint to Kemp’s alto vocals is fellow NC representative (and former DTP signee), Perfect Harmany. Whichever point of view you take, however, there’s no denying that A Million Fish acts as a strong empowerment anthem that could easily catch on with a female audience.
Listen to More: Jennifer E. Kemp
Written by Burmy on 06/10/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.