No matter how good you are at hiding, you can’t escape the all-seeing eyes of the Man Upstairs. And if you try, you’re liable to end up in the belly of a giant fish. On Jailkeeper, her debut single and first DJBooth feature, indie songstress Jenn EM puts a soulful spin on this time-honored theme. Backed by JOHN HO‘s bluesy keys and chain-gang grunts, she offers some words of warning to wrongdoers (“You’re runnin’ to your grave when you run from sin.”) and wonders whether her own misdeeds will be enough to keep her out of heaven. A powerful jam with a unique, compelling theme, this cut isn’t part of a larger set. As always, though, we’ll keep you posted on the JUB Records signee’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/4/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.